With over 2 BILLION active daily users on Facebook and over 125 million on Twitter, it’s obvious that social media has the spotlight – and it’s not stepping out any time soon.
Social media now makes up the bulk of all time spent on the Internet. It’s where people find their news and entertainment. It’s where consumers go to find products, services, and brands. It’s where customers share their experiences. It’s where the world converges and the people connect.
If you’re still wondering how you can leverage social media in your business, take a look some fabulous opportunities:
- Brand awareness
- Customer support
- Reputation management
- Lead generation
- Community involvement
- Product launch and promotion
- Polling and feedback
- Consumer engagement
- Strategic alliances
- Expertise building
- News and content distribution
- Public relations
- Network building
Still not convinced? Take a look at some of the most current statistics about the top social media platforms. We think that you will agree that they are pretty compelling:
- Social media sites and blogs reach 90% of all active North American Internet users. (That means your clients and customers are definitely there.)
- 70% of marketers have implemented a social media strategy, or will in the next year. (That means your competition is probably already there, too!)
- 63% of marketers are either vaguely aware or unaware what is being said about their companies online. (Do you know your company’s online reputation?)
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ have become cornerstones of most social-media strategies in larger companies, with Instagram not too far behind them.
- More than 1 billion active users
- Over 60% of active users log on to Facebook on any given day
- The average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- 65% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook.
- The average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- 95% of Facebook Timeline posts and comments are not answered by brands. (This represents a huge opportunity for your brand to stand out!)
- There are currently more than 400 million Twitter users
- The number of Twitter users increases by 300,000 per day
- 54% percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter, and 30% have closed deals using Twitter (Have you?)
- Twitter gets more than 3 billion requests per day, generated by more than 250 million unique visitors
- Twitter users "tweet" approximately 200 million times per day
- Twitter’s search engine gets 800 million queries per day.
The Bottom Line
Regardless of what you might believe, social media is simple, accessible, affordable, scalable and effective – everything a business could possibly want in a marketing solution.
All you need is a solid strategy & plan to make it happen.
Want to learn more? You can download our FREE social content planning template or you can chat with us to see how we can improve your social media presence. Simply complete the form below and we will get in touch with you!